I am a big fan of the Washington Report on Middle East Affairs - http://www.wrmea.com/
Here is the announcement of a special election season offer.
The November issue of the Washington Report on Middle East Affairs features special election articles, including:
- Pro-Israel PAC Contributions to 2008 Congressional Candidates - http://wrmea.com/archives/November_2008/pdfs/nov08pac-charts.pdf
- A Conservative Estimate of Total Direct U.S. Aid to Israel: Almost $114 Billion - http://www.wrmea.com/archives/November_2008/0811010.html
- Sarah Palin -New Darling of the Neocons - http://wrmea.com/archives/November_2008/0811022.html
- Muslim- and Arab-Americans Poised to Make a Difference in Battleground States - http://wrmea.com/archives/November_2008/0811020.html
As well as other stories, including:
- The Mines Bush Planted in Iraq Could Derail Obama Policies and Strategy There
- Al-Arian Family Reunited -But Justice for Muslims No Longer as American as Apple Pie
- The Poet Is Dead: Mahmoud Darwish (1942-2008)
We have made extra copies of this critical issue available for readers and activists to distribute throughout the country at conferences, candidates' nights, rallies or other events. We have already distributed extra copies of this issue for Eid celebrations in mosques and Islamic Centers and other special meetings.
Please donate as generously as you can to offset the printing and shipping costs. It is essential that this magazine be distributed far and wide, so do not let cost deter you from ordering. You can request extra copies by e-mailing email@example.com or calling our office at (202) 939-6050 ext. 101 or 106. You may also do so online at our Web site, http://www.wrmea.com/
When ordering, please include:
1. Name of your event.
2. Date of your event.
3. How many magazines you would like. They will come in boxes of 40.
4. The dollar amount of shipping costs you can assist with. We suggest $20 per box, though this is not required.
5. Street mailing address.
Please donate as generously as you can to help us distribute this special issue far and wide. Mail check to Washington Report, 1902 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20009.
Please also take this opportunity to subscribe [http://wrmea.com/subscribe/index.htm] or purchase a subscription for a friend or family member. For only $29, you will receive nine issues a year, including the latest "2008 Elections" issue. Please also visit American Educational Trust's bookstore and Palestinian Arts and Crafts (PACT) shop virtually any time http://www.middleeastbooks.com/ or in person next time you are in Washington, DC.
To receive regular bulletins from Ann Hafften, subscribe at the blog - A Texas Lutheran's Voice for Peace - http://voicesforpeace.blogspot.com/